An Email from Christophe Laudamiel
I wanted to share an excerpt from a lovely email exchange with Christophe Laudamiel clarifying my post on his and Christoph Hornetz Air Sculpture® scents at the Setai Hotel in NYC.
My impression of the Setai is here:
Thanks a lot… Those (articles) are still rare in what we have endeavored to focus on uniquely: ambient scenting.
Regarding the Setai, here are the facts. The scent design of the hotel was made by Christophe Laudamiel and Christoph Hornetz , perfumers at DreamAir. It contains 5 Air Sculpture® scents:
- Lobby and bar/lounge area scented with Grand Arrival, the signature scent of the hotel.
- Bar area scented with “Jazz Club on Fifth” automatically everyday from 8pm till 11pm as a jazz trio performs live.
- The corridors of the hotels are softly scented with Moonwood (that’s 24 floors).
- The reception area of the Spa and common dry areas are scented with Lavender Fields.
- The wet Area of the Spa is scented with Nice New Ovo.
- The restaurant on the second floor is NOT scented, as most people are often not ready for scent design in restaurants, although, if you notice, restaurants often smell as not-really-intended, and could take a bit of scent design (doesn’t mean perfume design necessarily).
- True, all scent players are modulable and reachable 24/7 by staff if need be or on demand, just in case. But all is programmed 24/7.
Voila, thought you would be interested in knowing what is going on backstage or in case you would like to amend your article.
Thanks a lot for your interest, curiosity and excitement,